Sunday, December 20, 2015

12/20/2015

If all went well, then David left this morning to go back to Nikunau.  I received this short email in the middle of the night last night and read it this morning.  Pretty much made me cry, but it is the kind of letter you wait a lifetime to receive.

Hey Mom,
I asked to have one last time to email before I fly out tomorrow. We are supposed to check in at 8 tomorrow morning. I just wanted to say that I love you. I wish that I could promise that I could email you every week, but I cannot promise what will happen out there. But I can promise that I will write a letter at least once a week. That is not this letter. This letter is a last good bye for who knows how long. I love this work. I KNOW with all my heart that I am Exactly where I am supposed to be. I am more watched over and loved that I could possible imagine before I got to this country. I also know that you are watched over as well. I love reading your letters. Angel is really the best way to describe you in every sense of the word. I read Elder Hollands talk about a Mothers Love, and it so perfectly described the relationship you have with me and I have with you. We have a special connection that cannot be broken by time or space or lack of modern technology. I love you. I love you. I love you. Be good. Be safe. Stay healthy and strong. Do all that the Lord tells you to do and all will go Exactly as it should.
Love, 
Elder Morley

No comments:

Post a Comment